Time to pay it forward.
This recipe was share with my by my dear friend and health guru Tanya Jarrett. I was looking for a quick and easy recipe for some hearty and healthy muffins and she texted me this recipe. Within 45 mins I was sitting down eating the best muffins I had ever tasted. So, thank you Tanya, I’m going to share the love and now and pass it along cause it simply to good not too.
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
Makes: 12 servings
- 1 cup of Almond flour
- 1 cup Brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup Gluten free oats
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 2 shredded carrots
- 1 shredded apple
- Flax egg (enough for three eggs. 1 egg = 1 tbsp ground flax, 3 tbsp water, let it sit to thicken)
- 1/2 cup of honey, maple syrup or agave
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- Mix together flax egg and set aside to thicken
- Mix together all the dry ingredients
- Shred the apple and carrots and set aside
- Melt the coconut oil
- Mix together all the wet ingredients
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients and add the apples and carrots
- Scoop into muffin tins and bake at 350 for 30 mins. on middle rack
- You can top them with a sprinkle of oats or your choice of chocolate chips
- All oven differ so check your muffin to make sure they aren’t burning and are cooked through with a toothpick.
Enjoy they are hearty and so tasty!