My hubby and I are currently OBSESSED with this stew. It’s totally seasonal and I was making traditional stew just leaving out the potatoes but there is just something about this one that is soooo amazing.
The aroma of rosemary, squash and thyme, with the garlic and onions…I could stand in front of my stove and breath it in all day, its just so delicious.
One of the things I love most about this dish is that it is so light. There is no startchy carb, no flour of any type to thicken it, its just clean and hearty.
So here you have the Rosemary Squash Stew! Enjoy….
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 whole Butternut Squash peeled and cubed
- 3 – 4 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 large onion chopped
- 2 lb lean beef stewing cubes
- 1 1L box Beef Stock (make sure its gluten free and sugar free)
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- sprig fresh thyme or dried
- sprig of rosemary or dried (you can never add too much of this so feel free to add more)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper if needed
- Start your prep by peeling and cubing your squash
- Add the chopped onion and garlic to the pot with the oil and satutee until onion is transparent.
- add in the beef cube and cook until they are almost full browned
- add the herbs, salt and pepper
- add the broth and cook for another 5 mins
- Add the squash and let simmer on low for 20-30 mins
Enjoy the smell as it simmers, it’s heavenly and tastes as good as it smells.