Who doesn’t love a good granola breakfast. Fresh berries, and almond milk or even dairy free coconut milk yogurt with a drizzle of agave, or honey. When it all changed for me granola was not an option. More are laced with sugars and sweeteners, or dried fruit like raisins or cranberries, and then the ones that were healthier version and sometimes made with gluten free oats tasted like the bottom of a chalk box. Needless to say for the last 6 months I have been enjoying my yogurt without the granola and just the fruit, but it wasn’t filling me up enough.
I started to pin homemade granola recipes and the other night I decided to just try to make my own by mixing a few recipes together. It was so unbelievable delish. I ended up giving my mom a jar at the hockey rink the next morning and we ate the entire jar I kept for home in about a day and a half.
So what I have done for this recipe is kept it simple and fun. Mix and match and make it different every time. I have since made 2-3 more batches and every one I have made slightly different and everyone has been just as amazing as the last.
Let’s just say. you will never buy store bought granola again! Enjoy and please share your creations with me. I would love to see how you choose to make yours.
Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 15 mins
Servings: 8-10 servings
- 3 cups of gluten free oats
- 1/4 cup sweetener – options below
- 1/2 cup of oil – options below
- nuts and seeds – as much or as little as you like – options below
- Mix all of your ingredients together well
- Bake at 375°F for 10 – 15 mins. If you like it a little well done leave it in for 15.
- Make sure that you stir every 3-4 mins so it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool and enjoy.
- Maple Syrup
- Agave Nectar
- 1 packets of Stevia or less based on sweet tooth (for a sugar free option)
Nuts and Seeds:
- Coconut flakes
- Bee Pollen