Ok so who doesn’t love a good chocolate chip cookie? Something I don’t eat often but my kids love them and if there is an extra bite I would never refuse. My kiddos also love to bake and first thing out of their mouth every time is “Chocolate chip cookie!!!”
So of course I started my hunt for a “healthy” version that also met my criteria of being gluten free, dairy free, egg free, soy free, sugar free (I’m ok with agave for some reason). I found a few recipes, one I share on an insta live story that was a total Pintrest fail, and then came up with this bad boy, by combining a few and adding my own touch.
I must say, they are pretty f’ing epic for a healthy chocolate chip cookie. They are so moist and cook to perfection every time. Oh, and the kids…they LOVE them, BONUS!!!!
So here you have the Coco cookies….Enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Makes: Bakers Dozen!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup Agave (I’m sure you could use honey or maple syrup too)
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 10 tablespoons Coconut Flour
- 1/2 cup Almond Flour
- two handfuls of Dairy-Free Mini Chocolate Chips
- Mix together the coconut oil, agave and vanilla and blend together
- In a separate bowl add together the dry ingredients
- Mix together
- fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350 for 10 mins
- Let them sit to cool or they will be super crumbly
- Enjoy with a cold glass of Almond milk!!!
NOTE: The batter is really gooey and the cookies will bake as you leave them on the cookie sheet, so make small balls and gently push then down to flatten them a bit.